Saturday, March 28, 2009

model painting


This was done about two weeks ago for my painting class where we had to paint the model on a patterned surface, so naturally, I used fabric. It was more dying the fabric with watered down paints rather than actual painting... but then again, that's what I usually do.

I taped the piece of fabric to an old piece of illustration board so it wouldn't be so flimsy while I painted. Once I peeled off the fabric off of the board, the results were pretty interesting.

The watered down paints seeped through the fabric and gave a sort of imprint onto the board. The texture it left was nice and bumpy.

I may try to use this technique some time later.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love your work, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.