Sunday, September 06, 2009

being back, updates and robots

So I'm back from Hawaii.
I've got to say, I miss it. At first I was skeptical because it felt overrated, but once I got there and saw how nice it was, I gave in. It was also my first time at a tropical place so it was pretty fun.
I got pretty badly sunburnt, but I look forward to going there again (sometime in the distant future).

Anyways.
I also updated my website a bit. I changed the "Miki Sato" image to a more fitting typeface to match everything else. There's also the "Wrapped" image I did for Illustration Friday.

And another thing.
The ladybug drawing I did for my dad a while back has been put into production, and being sold in Japan!

It's a small robot made by my dad with his company JS Robotics. You can program without using a computer, uses the bristles of toothbrushes for it's "legs" and also uses the vibration mechanics in cellphones to move along.

If anyone's interested, there's a video of him talking about it (in Japanese) on Youtube:


You can program the thing to play sumo with others, make music with light sensors that are underneath the robot and such and such. They were created with children in mind, and I believe he's doing a summer school type activity where he teaches how to use it.

I'll also be illustrating other types of bugs for him as he expands on this robot series more (like ants, fireflies, etc).

phew... lots of stuff in this entry...

4 comments:

  1. =O wow! that's super cool! =) congrats on designing it Miki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ladybug drawing and...wait, your dad makes robots?! I commission him to build me an Astor Boy/Might Atom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats awesome miki!
    hello to miki's dad too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. miki the ladybug design is so cute!
    your dad makes robots? that's so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.