Thursday, September 17, 2009

welcome (illustration friday)

Illustration Friday time!
A welcoming treat

Actually. I just wanted to illustrate a peanut butter + jelly sandwich :D

I had my first PBJ sandwich just yesterday (if you can believe it). I don't know why I waited 22 years to try it, but it probably has something to do with growing up with parents that weren't born/raised in Western culture.

According to Wikipedia, "A 2002 survey showed the average American will have eaten 1,500 of the sandwiches before graduating from high school."

I've eaten a total of 3!


After doing finishing image, I suddenly had an urge to try and illustrate other kinds of sandwiches... If I do, the next one will probably be a BLT!

7 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the BLT, and that PB + jelly is really making me hungry! Lovely work. Very delicate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im loving you're blog! Its too sweet for words!

    x
    x
    x

    Lady SUnflower

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhh that's coooool!!

    Bino

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Tasty. Actually I've never had a PB+J sarny either & I'm in my 50's. Did you enjoy it & should I try one? what flavour jelly?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually still need to get used to the texture of it... to me it's a strange feeling eating something sticky and smooth together.
    While I was making it, I was worried that I would somehow do it wrong, but you really can't mess up.
    I used strawberry jam :)

    Anyways, thanks for the comments everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! THIS is so so stellar! I tried Peanut butter for the first time when was 22 too!! Now i'm 25 and LOVE them! :D

    Smiles to you!

    Jenipher

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.